Application Tracking: Say Goodbye to Paper Applications
It’s time to bring your application tracking system into the 21st century. Stop juggling paper applications, logging into multiple job sites to post open positions, and struggling to organize your interview calendar.
National PEO, in partnership with HiringThing, offers a comprehensive, easy-to-use application management system to our customers. Your recruiting and hiring process will become organized, fast, polished, and seamless. Bring the sophistication of a large corporation’s hiring process to your small business. Compete for better employees and get your message out with National PEO.
What Is an Applicant Tracking System?
An application tracking system provides a one-stop dashboard dedicated to recruiting and hiring for open positions. The best applicant tracking system solutions give you the power to do these things and more:
- Post jobs online. An applicant tracking system lets you easily post jobs to online job boards, and it makes it easy to buy premium job placements on sites like Indeed.com and SimplyHired. The best systems also integrate with social media so that you can advertise on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
- Get referrals. Some of the best sources for referrals are your existing employees. An application tracking system should give them tools for sharing open positions within their personal networks.
- Communicate with applicants. Instead of having multiple managers send emails to your applicants or call them, you can use your application management system to communicate with your candidates. Schedule interviews and share forms from one simple, easy-to-use dashboard.
- Discuss prospects with other managers. The system allows managers to view resumes, rate applicants, make recommendations, and communicate with one another throughout the hiring process. Instead of chasing down another manager to find out how an interview went, simply login and read the interview notes.
- Create customized questionnaires and ranking tools. You and your managers have limited time, and you can’t possibly interview every potential candidate. An applicant tracking system lets you create screening questionnaires and ranking tools so that you can narrow down your interview list.
- Understand your applicants. Applicant analytic reports show you which jobs sites refer the most applicants to your business. They also provide demographic data about your applicants, including gender, race, and age, to help you meet your diversity goals.
- Create careers pages for your website. An application management system should allow visitors to your site to click on your “Careers” page, see open positions, and apply online. Your application tracking system should offer plug-ins or modules that easily integrate with WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and other content management systems.
Recruiting Is Like A Sales Pitch
The most talented job applicants expect a high-quality recruiting experience. If your recruitment is slapdash, disorganized, and archaic, you’ll lose top candidates to other companies. An application management system can help you avoid some of these top recruiting mistakes:
With an applicant tracking system, your recruiting process becomes much more organized and transparent. Applicants understand exactly what they need to do, and they know where they stand.
Today’s applicants don’t always look to traditional job posting sites for open positions. They’re attuned to companies that post positions on social media, or they regularly review the websites of companies for which they want to work. An application management system can provide tools for getting the word out about your jobs, using the channels that tech-savvy workers have come to expect.
Have you ever been so busy that you’ve scheduled an interview and forgotten that the candidate was coming? Even though you had legitimate things to do, your disorganization gave the candidate a poor impression. Applicant tracking helps you manage your interview calendar, clarify who’s interviewing whom, and ensure that you’re ready to present the best possible image to your candidates.
Lack of Follow-Up
Even though a candidate might not be right for your open position, you still want that candidate to exit your hiring process with a positive impression of your company. Who knows — even though a candidate isn’t right for the current position, the same candidate might be someone you’d like to contact for future recruitment. An application tracking system lets you tag applicants and sort out your highest-ranking candidates. You’ll never lose touch with a great candidate again.
National PEO’s Applicant Tracking System
Even small businesses have big visions, and you deserve the best applicants on your team. A complete application tracking system gives your company the sophistication of a much larger company. Instead of hiring an HR staff, you get sophistication at a price you can afford.
You can use our application management system on its own, divvying up hiring between you and your managers. You can also let National PEO take care of all of your recruiting and hiring needs. Call National PEO, or fill out our contact form, to learn more about how you can implement applicant tracking. It’s one of many ways that National PEO transforms small business HR.