Payroll Tax Filing Services
Payroll tax filing is part of taking care of your employees.
However, it’s just one more thing on a to-do list that’s already filled with other tasks. Many companies hire payroll tax filing services to take tax filing off of their hands. Payroll tax service from National PEO means accuracy, reliability, and on-time filing.
Are you looking for someone to take payroll off of your hands? We can manage your entire payroll for you. As part of our payroll administration package, we calculate paychecks, pay your employees, track paid time off, and deliver payroll tax services. Payroll administration is just part of what National PEO has to offer. We’ll take on your back-office tasks while you concentrate on running your business.
We make payroll tax filing less complicated
Many small business owners start their company with a dream and a business plan. However, in addition to managing your business operations, you also have to comply with a lot of government requirements. Tax laws can get complicated, and if you don’t file everything on time, your business can get hit with tax penalties.
Payroll tax filing services from National PEO can eliminate your payroll tax filing hassles. Here’s what we can do for you:
- Withhold and submit your payroll tax payments. We calculate and submit all taxes, including both income taxes and unemployment taxes. Your payments get submitted on time so that you don’t get stuck with late payment penalties
- Manage payroll tax filing paperwork. With National PEO’s payroll tax service, you’ll never miss another deadline. You won’t have to worry about tax penalties or about miscalculations that could result in overpayment or underpayment of payroll taxes.
- Help employees adjust their withholding. As part of our payroll administration service, National PEO will maintain employee W-4s and contractor W-9s. If an employee wants to make withholding changes mid-year, we’ll take care of the updates for you.
Which payroll taxes do we file?
National PEO works with both the IRS and your local revenue offices to ensure timely and precise payroll tax payment. Our payroll tax filing services include:
- Federal payroll tax filing. We calculate, withdraw, and pay your employee income taxes along with both employer and employee Social Security and Medicare payments. Depending on your schedule, we make deposits either monthly or semi-monthly, and we take care of all electronic funds transfers to the IRS.
- State and local taxes. National PEO works with your state revenue office to process employee state income tax payments. If local government also requires income tax from your employees, we help you avoid penalties by submitting everything on time.
- Unemployment taxes. National PEO’s payroll tax experts work with state governments all over the country. They understand each state’s rules regarding unemployment tax, and they make sure that your business submits the right amount according to the number of employees you have, your industry, and any other regulatory requirements.
- Year-end taxes. At the end of the year, National PEO helps your business wrap up all outstanding payroll tax pre-payments. We also help you file your forms for the beginning of the next tax year and reset your withholding schedule, if needed. In addition, we prepare W-2s, 1099s, and other critical tax documents for your employees. We also help employees adjust their withholding by updating their W-4s.
How our tax filing services work
National PEO offers services based on two different types of relationships. As a professional employer organization, or PEO, we offer comprehensive services including, payroll administration, benefits management, human resources functions, and workers’ compensation administration. In essence, we become a co-employer. You maintain control of all operations, and we take care of all HR.
Many of our clients like this comprehensive partnership. It eliminates risk for them, and it lets them provide great back-office service for less than it would cost to hire office employees. A PEO relationship is right for you if:
- You’re currently doing everything for your small business, including office work.
- You’re not getting payroll and other crucial tasks completed on time.
- You’re not confident about HR, workers’ comp, benefits, and payroll regulations.
- You want to create a more professional image for your small business.
Other clients like to keep control of some back office functions, and they don’t mind assuming some associated risk. For those clients, we offer assistance as an administrative services organization, or ASO. Working with us as an ASO allows you to order services á la carte. You delegate as much or as little as you need.
An ASO relationship works best when:
- You have a good system for most office functions, but you need a little help with some tasks.
- You want to invest more resources in specific things, like workers’ comp administration.
- You have a system for things like payroll, but you just don’t have resources to take them to the next level.
- Office tasks are slipping because you simply don’t have time.